Our Lean Initiatives
Among Cascade’s Lean Initiatives in supply chain management are:
- A pneumatic tube system delivers parts to seven different locations on the hangar floor
- Pre-draw roll out cages
- Vending machines for consumables (fasteners, drill bits, etc.) with DGI Supply
- 3 vertical carousels (each is 25 feet high)
- Consignment inventory with four suppliers
- Design to inventory with Engineering department
- Bar code initiative: dock to stock
- ERP upgrade
|Carousels are used for aircraft parts storage & easy retrieval.
||Vending machines dispense consumable items to aircraft technicians on demand, recording user, aircraft & task the item is used on.